February is National Snack Food Month. Local chef Simon Webster of Sabor a Pasion demonstrates and easy, healthy snack option featuring hummus by Lilly’s Foods.

Sabor a Pasion is a local estate,vineyard and bed and breakfast located in Palestine, TX at 110 An County Rd. 406.

For more information, visit: www.saborapasion.com

Here’s more information from Lilly’s Foods:

According to the Snack Food Association, the idea of National Snack Food Month was to increase consumption and build awareness of snacks during a month when snack food consumption was traditionally low. As a result, snack food sales did increase in February, and the Big Game only helped the cause. The Nation, as a whole, consumes $60 billion in sales on snacks, annually.

On average, 24 percent of adults’ total daily calories are consumed at snacking occasions. Nearly one in six adults (16 percent) obtain over 40 percent of their total daily calories from foods and beverage they report being consumed as snacks – which is why healthy snacking is so essential.

Snacks are also great for foodies on the go. Everyone needs easy snack and meal solutions that are nutritious and portable. Hummus has the nutrients both you and your kids need, such as vitamin K, zinc, iron, magnesium and vitamin C., and Lilly’s Foods also offers non-refrigerated 2 oz. snack packs for roadtrips or snacking on the move.

You can find locations selling Lilly’s Foods at www.saborapasion.com as well as: 

o Kroger – in the vegan food section

o Sunshine Health Foods

o Vitamins Plus 

You can also buy Lilly’s online at Amazon and their webstore at www.lillysfoods.com